Everyday Makeup: Winter Edition




During the winter months/Christmas time, I love wearing a subtle makeup look with a nice, bright red lipstick. The Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in the shade 'Wild Watermelon' is a great everyday lipstick for this makeup look. Although red isn't an everyday color for most people, it has a lip balm look on the lips, so it's more wearable than a regular lipstick. Wild Watermelon looks like a strawberry red applied on to the lips. This lipstick is very build-able, so you can wear it bold on your lips or sheer it out. I like to do both depending on my mood.  



The other part of this look I like to focus on is neutral eyeshadow with winged eyeliner. I use the Essence Super Fine Eyeliner Pen, which is a felt tip eyeliner that works amazing! For only $2.99, it is definitely worth checking out. I'm not an expert at winged eyeliner, but this eyeliner is easy to use for a beginner. Another great, inexpensive eyeliner I use for this look is the Rimmel London ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in the shade 'Nude.' It's perfect for using on my bottom waterline, and lasts all day. Lastly on my eyes, I like using neutral matte eyeshadows. Last month I purchased the Lorac Vintage Vixen Matte Eye Shadow Palette, and I've been using it everyday since then. Unfortunately this palette is no longer available because it was a limited edition palette released on Black Friday 2014. It's very similar to the Naked Basics Palette, but at a more affordable price ($12). Here are the swatches:    


I only use the first three shades from the left for my everyday look. I use the first shade as a eyelid shade and brow highlight. Then, I use a combination of of the second and third shade in my crease. If this palette is every released again, definitely pick it up! The eyeshadows are very pigmented and easy to blend. It's a nice small palette to use everyday and take traveling.

Finally, I top off my makeup look with the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in the shade 'Prim.' Once again, this is unfortunately a limited edition that was released in Tarte's Holiday 2014 collection. I mentioned this product several times last month because it really is an amazing blush (review here). You might still be able to purchase this at your local Ulta or Sephora. Tarte 'Exposed' is a similar shade that you might enjoy if you can't get a hold of the Holiday Blush Set. I really love using Prim because its a nice natural blush color to wear with bold lips.

What do you think of my everyday winter makeup look? What are some of your favorite makeup products for winter? I would love to read about your suggestions.

6 comments:

  1. You look beautiful. I love that lip color on you! And Lorac eye shadows are just amazing, aren't they?!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yesss, Lorac eyeshadows are so good. I'm really impressed with the palette!

      Delete
  2. I wanted the that Lorac palette! I was working at Ulta, but my co-workers told me it sold out immediately after the doors opened.

    Btw, I tagged you for the Jolly Blogger Award in my latest post. It's kind of close to Christmas though and so I'm not sure if you'll have time to do the questions. Either way, Happy Holidays Jacklyn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwee :( You should have bought it online! That's what I did. I found out ahead of time that it was going to be available and purchased it on Thanksgiving day. I just couldn't pass up on the opportunity for such a cheap palette haha.

      And I'll check out your latest post. If there isn't too many questions, I can probably finish the tag and have it up by Christmas. Happy Holidays to you too! :)

      Delete
  3. Absolutely love your blog :) x


    www.Shannenandco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete