REVIEW + SWATCHES: Milani Color Statement Lipsticks



I'm always looking out for the best nude and red lipsticks. They're just two necessary lipstick shades that a girl must have in her makeup collection. During one of my visits to CVS, I came across Milani Color Statement Lipsticks. I picked up the color '26 Nude Creme' and '05 Red Label.' I've tried great products by Milani before, so I thought these lipsticks would be just as good. The lipsticks retail for about $6, which is very affordable. There are also 35 shades available in the Color Statement Lipstick collection. Milani lipsticks come in a variety of different finishes: matte, satin, creme, etc.  

Both Nude Creme and Red Label have a "cream" finish. Milani lipsticks are not moisturizing; however, they do glide on to the lips very smoothly. Definitely moisturize your lips before applying these particular lipsticks because they will accentuate your dry patches. Nude Creme is a "pink nude" that would look lovely on many different complexions. Even though I am quite pale, this lipstick does not wash me out. It's not my favorite nude lipstick, but it is still very pretty. Red Label is a "bright blue-red" that would look amazing on everyone. I really love this red lipstick even though I don't really like lipsticks (I prefer tinted lip balms). You can easily achieve the "perfect red lip" with this particular lipstick. Red Label leans more towards the cooler tones, which will make your teeth look whiter. Here are some swatches:

Left to Right: 26 Nude Creme, 05 Red Label 

Milani Color Statment Lipsticks are very pigmented and long-lasting. I found that these two particular lipsticks stayed put on my lips for several hours; however, I did have to reapply Red Label because it started to look patchy on my lips. Sometimes I have very dry lips, and bold lipsticks do not sit well on my lips after several hours.

Overall, these lipsticks are great if you're looking for an inexpensive lipstick. Keep in mind that you need to moisturize your lips before applying these. The wide color selection is amazing, so you'll definitely find a shade that will suit you well. Have any of you tried this lipstick yet? What are your thoughts?

19 comments:

  1. I haven't tried them out yet, but the 'Nude Creme' looks nice~~
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nude Creme looks lovely swatched on my skin, but it doesn't look as great on my lips. Maybe it will match your complexion better!

      Delete
  2. I have one of these, the nude one, and one in a more plum color, and they are both so dry I feel I have to scrape them onto my lips. I do plan on returning them as they are super disappointing!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, what a shame :(
      I actually didn't have that problem at all. The lipsticks were easy to apply, but it didn't look good if my lips were dry. I had to make sure I put lip balm ahead of time.

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried their lipsticks yet, but I want to! I always hear bloggers talk about them and it makes me want to try all of them since I love lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I noticed you really like lipsticks lol. I think you'll really love these, but don't expect them to be really creamy. They glide on to the lips smoothly, but you really need to put lip balm on first if you have dry lips.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I think it's because they're not available in the UK. You can probably purchase these on eBay, but it would be more expensive. If you're every in the US or Canada, you should definitely try some Milani products :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. They are really lovely for an inexpensive lipstick. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  6. I have one of these in Fruit Punch. I really like it though I don't wear it enough! Nude Creme looks like a really pretty, wearable nude :)

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice nude to have :) Definitely check it out! I like Nude Creme, but I prefer nudes that have more pink in it.

      Delete
  7. these lipsticks are such gorgeous shades! x

    I've got a mac lipstick giveaway on my blog if you want to take a look :)

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mhmm :)
      And I might check out your giveaway. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  8. Nude and red lips are both my favorites! I haven't tried any Milani lipsticks but these look pretty. I'm not sure if they'd suit me though since my lips are always so dry. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never go wrong with a nude or red lipstick. It's a makeup essential :) My lips are dry too, but these lipsticks still work for me. I would just use a lip scrub and lip balm. It helps with wearing Red Label. It's what I do to make a nice bold lip.

      Delete
  9. Ahhhh! I need to get a nude lippy in my collection. I keep seeing them everywhere and I think it would be the perfect colour for me!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice shade! I think it suits most complexions because it's not too light. You should definitely try it.

      Delete
  10. Hey Jacklyn! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog because I like your blog! :) you can find it here
    xx Valerie

    ReplyDelete