Monthly Favorites: December 2014



Although December is already over, I thought these products deserved a quick mention on my blog. I love these products that much to feature them in a late December favorites.

Lorac Vintage Vixen Matte Eye Shadow Palette
This palette was an exclusive product to Ulta during Black Friday 2014, so it is no longer available. I recently featured this palette in a blog post as well. You can find more information and swatches here. Although you can't purchase this product anymore, I highly recommend purchasing some Lorac eyeshadows from the permanent collection. Everything about Lorac eyeshadows is amazing! I'm extremely impressed with the pigmentation of these eyeshadows. They are very easy to blend as well. This eyeshadow palette has all neutral matte eyeshadows, which is perfect to use for an everyday look. I've been using it pretty much every time I do my makeup. 

The Sephora lip balm is surprisingly very moisturizing. I was really impressed by how easily this lip balm made my lips feel less dry. It reminds me of the Nivea lip balm in a tube, which is another lip balm that I love. However, the Sephora lip balm is much more moisturizing compared to the Nivea lip balm. Although the Sephora lip balm is better, I don't think I will be repurchasing it because it is quite expensive. The Sephora lip balm costs $5 for only 0.123oz of product. I am already about half way finished with this product, and I haven't used it for that long, which is unfortunate. 

The Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks are one of my all time favorite highlighters. They are perfect to use on the cheeks and as eyeshadow. Apricot is a very shimmery golden/peach toned highlighter. You have to be careful not to apply to much of this product because it is very pigmented. I find that the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks do not accentuate my pores. Instead, it gives a nice sheen to my cheeks. I really love using this highlighter with gold eyeshadow on my eyelids. It really brings the whole makeup look together.  

Tarte Cheek Stain 'Fantasy'
I like to use this product as a base before I apply the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in 'Apricot' on my face. It may be overly shimmer for some people, but I love it! It gives a beautiful effect to my cheeks.  Fantasy is a champagne/gold color, and the perfect highlighter for festive parties or any nighttime event. You can read more about this product in my review here. 

I know I mentioned a couple items that are no longer available for purchase unless you buy them on eBay. I just wanted to express how much I love these products. It was my first time trying a Tarte Cheek Stain and Lorac eyeshadows, and now I'm interested in purchasing similar products from the permanent collections. Have any of you tried these products? And what are some of your December favorites? I'd love to know!

18 comments:

  1. I really want to get a Bobbi Brown highlighter!! They look so beautiful. I'm planning on either getting one of those or a becca highlighter. I just look a good highlight hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks. I just wish it wasn't so expensive! The Becca highlighter is cheaper, but not significantly cheaper. I would just swatch all the shades and decide from there. I would get the Bobbi Brown one because you're getting multiple shades in one haha.

      Delete
  2. I would like to try the Bobbi Brown highlighter! Right now I use a NYX highlighter, and I like it well enough, but I do like my options ;p
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I love having multiple cheek products. Definitely splurge on one when you can because it is really worth it.

      Delete
  3. LORAC is my favorite! you should try the Pro palette if you haven't yet! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it yet, but I do want to. I just have so many eyeshadows! Lorac makes such good matte eyeshadows. I'm so impressed with their products.

      Delete
  4. I have been lusting after a Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick for forever, they look amazing! x

    Isabella Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! The Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks are worth saving up money for. I've been thinking about buying another shade.

      Delete
  5. The Lorac palette looks like the perfect little accompaniment to any other shadows! I have the Pro palette which I fricken love to bits! The Bobbi Brow shimmer bricks are sooo pretty :)

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try the Lorac Pro! I've heard so many great things about it. The Lorac palette is like the Naked Basics. I'm glad I was able to purchase it for $12.

      Delete
  6. I thought of getting a Bobbi Brown Shimmer stick for ages....I should decide soon haha^^
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really are worth the money :)

      Delete
  7. Hello!

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award - more info on what to do next in my post here: http://iamamyeade.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/the-liebster-award.html.

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I own a taste cheek stain but just personally couldn't get on with it to be honest, great post and lovely blog x

    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes cream products are more more difficult to work with so I totally understand. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  9. I'm in love with the Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks, I really want one but they're very expensive, apparently Seventeen do a dupe, but it's not quite the same as having the lovely Bobbi Brown one!

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can check out the blog post here:

    http://magentatulip.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It's nice to treat yourself with an expensive item sometimes :)

      Delete