REVIEW + COMPARISON: NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer V.S. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer


For several weeks I've been testing out the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. I wanted to see how they compare, and write a blog post about it. The NARS concealer is $29, and has 0.22 oz of product. The Maybelline concealer has 0.23 oz of product, and is only $6. As you can see there is a huge difference in price, and a slight difference product amount.    



APPLICATION
Both concealers have a a doe foot applicator; however, the NARS concealer has a "stopper," which means less product comes out of the tube. With the NARS concealers, you have to continuous put the doe foot applicator back in the tube to get more product out. This is not the case with the Maybelline concealer. Once I open the tube, there is enough product on the wand to cover both sides of my eye bags. Both concealers blend very easily; however, the NARS concealers blends slightly better.    

Left Side - Maybelline Fit Me Concealer; Right Side - NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
COVERAGE
In terms of coverage, the NARS concealer is definitely better than the Maybelline concealer. Both are great for using under the eyes, but the NARS concealer has better coverage and can be used on acne scars. I don't have very dark under eyes, so both concealers look/cover exactly the same for me.

SHADE RANGE
The NARS concealer comes in 10 different shades that work well with different skin undertones. The shade I use is Custard, which is for yellow toned, light to medium complexions. I find that this concealer matches perfectly with my skin tone. The Maybelline Fit Me Concealer only comes in 6 different shades, and I find that they are more yellow/orange toned. I have the shade 'Sand,' and it is too orange for my skin. If I blend it out properly, I don't notice the difference too much.

If you have sensitive eyes/skin, you will not like the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. Whenever I used this concealer too close to my under eyes or on the drier parts of my face it would sting really bad. However, the stinging feeling went away once I blended out the concealer. Keep this in mind if you want to try this product out. 

Overall, I prefer the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer because the color match and coverage is much better than the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. I also did not like the fact that the Maybelline concealer stung my skin. If you're going to use this concealer under your eyes, and don't have sensitive skin/eyes then I would totally recommend this product. Personally, the Maybelline concealer just did not work for me, which is unfortunate because it is much cheaper than the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer.

Have any of you tried these products out yet? What's your favorite concealer? I'd love to know!

18 comments:

  1. I have used the Maybelline one for quite a while now, and two weeks ago I finally bought the NARS one and it creased under my eyes SO BADLY that it made me look like a wrinkly 90 yr old woman! (Yes, I set my concealer with powder.) I tried using it for a week with the same awful results, so I returned it and am back to using the Maybelline one. I so wanted the NARS one to work form! :(
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find concealers/foundations work so differently on everyone. I usually don't have a problem with creasing because I set my concealers right away. If I don't, it looks really bad!

      Delete
  2. I suppose you get what you pay for but it is quite a large price difference

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this case, yes! But a lot of drugstore stuff is really good too. I love the Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer!

      Delete
  3. I just picked up the Maybelline Fit Me yesterday. I didn't have any stinging and I found the coverage to be great for me. Sorry that it didn't work out so well for you. I have been wanting try the Nars concealer also, so that will be my next concealer purchase.

    Great review!

    Keisha xo
    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The NARS concealer is pretty expensive, but I love it! I think you'll enjoy it too. I really wished the Maybelline concealer worked for me, but it just burns so bad. The only time I use it is when my skin is not dry. Once I finish mine, I will not be repurchasing it :(

      Delete
  4. I have both as well, and definitely prefer the NARS! I find the Maybelline to be a really good drugstore concealer actually. I've never used it around my eyes, but it sucks that it irritated your eyes! The NARS one just has better coverage, blendability and lasting power which is worth the price difference for me.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! :) The NARS concealer is expensive, but worth the money.

      Delete
  5. I love the Maybelline concealer, I have yet to try the Nars one but really appreciate this review x
    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to use the Maybelline concealer but than I fell in love with the Nars concealer.

    http://arnellavanilla.com/category/home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. It works so much better than the Maybelline one!

      Delete
  7. This was such a great comparison post, thanks for sharing Jacklyn :) x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah this post came at the perfect time - I've been debating whether to splurge on the NARS one or just get the Maybelline version. I'm more tempted towards the NARS now - my eyes are pretty sensitive as it is, I wouldn't like FitMe disturbing me further lol. Also I like that the NARS one can be used on acne scarring. Love the post, thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're definitely going to like the NARS concealer if your eyes are sensitive. The Maybelline concealer burns my eyes/skin so much! You won't regret purchasing it the NARs concealer.

      Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  9. i've never tried the maybelline one but i just got the nars and i love it!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not too different from the NARS one. Definitely worth giving it a try if you don't have sensitive skin/eyes.

      Delete